tab state gets lost after postback

Jun 4, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Hi,

thanks for the great job - works like a charm :-)
I tried to use the jQuery UI widgets directly, but it produces a javascript error due to a conflict with the dnn core scripts.

I immediatly come to use the date picker and the tab from your module, but with the last I have a problem: I put an DNN FileUpload Control on it, and everytime this one sends an postback, the page is reloaded and the default (first) tab is selected. Any idea how to avoid this behaviour?

your's

felixhelix

Coordinator
Jun 4, 2009 at 1:29 PM

Hi felixhelix!

Finally, someone except me seems to be using this library ;-)

Concerning your issue: The Tabs control currently does not post back any state. Since jQuery UI tabs completely work on the client side, there is no direct way for the server to know, which tab was active. This would be an enhancement for the control, using a hidden field to submit the currently active tab. I will add this to the list of feature requests and will try to implement it soon. Or, if you would like to give it a shot, you're more than welcome to.

On the other hand, in your case, you know on which tab the control triggering the postback is, so you could set this tab as the active tab in the postback code. This is no general solution, though.

Best regards
Christoph

Coordinator
Jun 5, 2009 at 7:30 AM
Edited Jun 5, 2009 at 7:31 AM

Good news everyone!

The feature has been implemented and has been released in the packages with version 0.4.1. Please test it and give me feedback, if everything is working as expected.

Best regards,
Christoph