How do I use this library?

May 16, 2012 at 1:59 AM

No documentation?  How about a brief 2 minute video showing how to install and use this?  I am rather new to DNN and need a simple hello world example or some sort of basic documentation on how to use this library.

I downloaded the zip file, and then installed it as a module.  I tried to add the module to a page and got an error that crashed the page.

Coordinator
May 16, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Hi Sephrial!

The basic documentation can be found on the project home page, alas it is not extensive. But, please note that

a) this library was built for DNN 4 and has only been tested with some early versions of DNN 5. DNN 6 includes its own version of jQuery UI, so the library is no longer needed. And

b) this is a library for use by module developers, that want to use jQuery UI in their DNN modules. The library is packaged as a module for easy deployment in the DNN environment, but the module itself is simply a demo of the available controls. This is NOT a module for adding dialogs or tabs to your regular DNN content.

So, if you want to use tabs in your content, you should look for a different module. If you are a module developer, simply install the library module in your DNN development environment and use the <%@ Register %> directives in your .ascx code to include the controls available in the library. For examples on how to incorporate the controls into your own modules, please see the included jQuery.ascx demo file. It shows some typical uses of the available controls.

I hope, I was able to help you. If you need more input, just keep discussing. I should be available for the next few hours.

Cheers,
   Christoph 

Jun 8, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Thanks Christoph, that was most helpful indeed!