jquery in dotnet

Jun 3, 2011 at 4:31 PM

thanks christoph  

i understand what u told but the exact problem is how can i implement my script into text/html module on home page n how to modify the menu items to look differently

Coordinator
Jun 4, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Hi Mano,

sorry for replying so late. I'm currently on vacation, so I can't check my mails regularly.

Using the text/html module still is not the intended usage of the jQuery UI module, though you could try to use it. You will have to manually include the jQuery and jQuery UI libraries, which will be located at /YourPortalRoot/DesktopModules/HeroldIT.JQuery/js/jquery-1.5.2.min.js, /YourPortalRoot/DesktopModules/HeroldIT.JQuery/js/jquery-ui-1.8.12.min.js, and the stylesheet located at /YourPortalRoot/DesktopModules/HeroldIT.JQuery/css/smoothness/jquery-ui-1.8.12.smoothness.css. Once you have included them, you should be able to use any of the jQuery UI widgets.

It may be easier, if you use the infrastructure to include the files directly from your skin (if you use .ascx skins). You can then simply use a code behind block to register jQuery UI on the page (C# syntax):

JQuery.UI.JQueryUI.RegisterJQueryUI(this.Page);

This call will register both the javascript files and the stylesheet. You can then use the jQuery UI widgets.

In both cases, I advise you to NOT use the $(...) shorthand but use jQuery(...) instead. The earlier versions of DNN have their own javascript library, which also defines the $ shorthand, and this will cause mayhem in your client side.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Christoph

Jun 7, 2011 at 5:58 AM
Thanks Christoph,

I was also away from my place n sorry for replying late
its a great help for me n i find it much easy now to do the things i need to do...

--
Regards,
Manoj